Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beer is the Reason: Bwahaha! Twilight!

Beer is the Reason: for Twilight? Love this post in a twilight thread, love the below webcomic. Made my day. :D

"Now that I think about it, the vampire romance is pretty much one of the archetypes of female desire: the changeling. Many women want a man they have to "change", a bad boy or independent thinker for them to neuter and enslave. So I guess in a sense the chubby goth girls ARE the vampire hunters... only they don't want to kill the vampire, they want to drag him to poetry recitals, antique furniture auctions and hot topic at the mall. They want the danger of the fangs but then they want to rip the fangs out and replace them with nice capped teeth.

I'm going to have to look twice from now on... perhaps the next time I pass a hot topic and see a forlorn looking emo guy sheepishly following his goth hog around the store I'll know that was once a vampire."

No comments: