Saturday, June 21, 2008

Beer Day 9 and 10: It's the long weekend!

Beer Day 9: Beer is the Reason: that this year's Canada Day falls on a Tuesday.

Like WTF?  Weekend, work, day off.  Couldn't it be a three day weekend instead?  Nooooooo...had to throw in a work day in there somehow. I'll bet you that wherever you work 1/2 the work force is calling in sick.  

Plus I had to work 3 1/2 hrs more today.  Granted it was Overtime but still.   My weekend didn't start until 3 1/2 hrs later then everyone else's!  ...and I've got a shinny game at 11:15pm.  Yay late night games!

This blog was unofficially brought to you by Sleeman's Honey Brown.

Beer Day 10

Beer is the reason:  I turned into Wayne Gretzky last night.

So shinny hockey was fun last night.  But first I got sorta lost.  See I was looking for Etobicoke Ice Sports just north of Dixon on Martin Grove.  Well I found a CanLan Ice Sports just north of Dixon.  Parked.  Called my brother in law to check the websites for the address of the place.   My phone started running out of power, car battery ran down(good thing I've got that battery jumper in the trunk) and it's 10:30ish; still need time to suit up.  Turns out it's the right place just goes by TWO names.  

So I suit up, and suddenly I'm like Wayne and Lemieux and Crosby combined into one!  Out hustled everyone, out skated the best skater, and deked the G out of the goalie.  It was awesome!  

And a total lie.

I was okay but I did get some compliments from the experienced players.  I've only showed up for two shinny games so far, first one I was horrible, but this one,  I out hustled about 60% of the other team to loose pucks on the boards,  was positioned well defensively for a "forward", did manage to get 3 shots on net.  2 were admittedly weak but the third was okay.   I'm thinking maybe of playing Centre because I'm not that strong skating backwards but my natural position is defence in floor hockey so I know the style needed.  Except for the skating backwards part I think I could play that position well.  Slowly getting the tight turns/hockey stop too.   I need winter here so I can practice skating more then just during Hockey games.

This blog has been unofficially brought to you by Genuine Miller Draft.

No comments: